§ 1. Preamble
1. The following regulations specify the reservation terms and conditions for the Clients of Little Home Apartments in Warsaw, Gdańsk and Sopot.
2. The parties concluding agreements, according to the terms and conditions specified in the Regulations, are:
for Apartments booked in Trójmiasto: RA Sopot Sp. z.o.o., with registered office at ul. Jana Kilińskiego 3e / 3, 80-452 Gdańsk, KRS 0000721824 NIP: 585 148 33 14, REGON: 369641718
for apartments booked in Warsaw: Wojciech Maniecki, operating under the name Little Home Wojciech Maniecki, having registered office at ul. Żurawia 32/34 premises 453, 00-515 Warsaw, Tax Number 593 255 25 51, REGON: 361583602,
hereinafter referred to as "Little Home", the entities subletting the Apartments.
and an entity using the services provided by Little Home, hereinafter referred to as the Guest.
The Apartment shall be defined as the subject of the lease specified in the agreement concluded between the Parties.
3. Compliance with the Regulations shall serve to ensure the peace and safety of all our Guests in the Apartment and to protect the rights of the owners of the Apartments.
4. Confirmation of the reservation by making a payment is understood as the Guest's acceptance of the provisions of the Regulations.
§ 2. Reservation
In order to make a reservation, use the booking system available on the website at: littlehome.pl or call Little Home at the telephone number: +48 58 345 11 11.
The data that shall be provided upon making a reservation include: duration of the stay, the date of arrival and departure, specific apartment, contact details, the number of persons in the apartment, and the time of arrival.
Little Home accepts credit card, e-transfer and traditional bank transfer payments. The settlement of banking card and e-transfer transactions is carried out via Dotpay.pl
§ 3. Cancellation and reduction of stay
Little Home is not obliged to provide a refund for the period of stay not used by the Guest in the Apartment booked for a specific date.
§ 4. Apartment rental service
1. The rental price of the Apartment includes all taxes and additional fees, that is charges for utilities such as gas, electricity, water, and the Internet. The cleaning service fee is charged as an additional fee.
2. The equipment of the Apartment includes bed linen and a towel, one item per person renting the given Apartment. The set includes: a bed sheet, a pillow, a quilt, a large towel. A bathroom mat, one per bathroom for the entire period of stay.
3. For stays shorter than 7 days, additional cleaning and a change of bed linen and towel sets during the stay is possible at an additional cost of 50 (say: fifty) PLN/person, upon prior notification of willingness to use such a possibility by e-mail or telephone.
4. For stays longer than 7 days, the apartment is cleaned once a week, without the additional fee referred to in § 4 item 3, which also includes the exchange of bedding and towels sets at the time of cleaning.
5. The apartment may but does not need to offer an available parking space. Little Home is not liable for damage or loss of a car or other vehicle belonging to Guests using parking spaces at the Apartment. A fee may be charged for renting a parking space.
§ 5. Obligations of the Guest
1. The hotel day starts at 15:00 and ends at 11:00 the next day. By that time, the guest is obliged to release the room and return the key to the safe. If the guest does not check-out by 11:00, without prior arrangement to change this time with the reception staff, an additional fee will be charged in the amount of the next hotel day, without the right to occupy the apartment at that time.
2. The guest is obliged to respect night hours, which apply from 22.00 to 06.00. Any third party, who is not a tenant, is obliged to leave the apartment before 22.00.
Ignoring the above rule entitles Little Home to charge an additional fee in the amount of a stay of the additional number of persons in the Apartment.
3. The guest is obliged to respect the principles of good neighborhood and keep the rented Apartment in a proper condition.
In the event of a gross lack of cleanliness which will result in additional cleaning by the cleaning staff, and the cleaning after the stay exceeds the Apartment cleaning time which equals 2 hours, the guest will be charged an additional PLN 150 (one hundred and fifty Polish zlotys) for each additional hour of the cleaning staff's work.
4. It is forbidden to organize events in the Apartment that disturb the order in the building and lead to residents' complaints or police summons. In the case of arrival of the police or complaints from neighbors, the Guest will be charged an additional fee of PLN 1,000 (one thousand Polish zlotys). The apartment service has the right to withdraw from the rental agreement with immediate effect together with the full payment and the request to immediately leave the apartment by the guest.
5. The person taking responsibility for the apartment is responsible for the behavior of the roommates and all damages, losses, missing items occuring during the use of the apartment due to the guests' fault.
In connection with the above, after checking in, the Guest is obliged to check the Apartment and report any possible damage or missing equipment. Lack of information about damage or shortages directly after entering the Apartment means that the Guest accepts the Apartment status and in case of damage found after his / her stay, charge him with additional fees related to repairing the damage.
6. Smoking cigarettes and other similar tobacco products, as well as candles, is prohibited in the Apartment. Breach of the ban will result in an additional charge of PLN 500.00 (five hundred Polish zlotys). The amount covers, in particular, the costs of washing curtains, nets, bedspreads, carpets, bedding and other textiles located in the room where the ban on smoking has been breached.
7. The guest is obliged to rationally manage the media, i.e. light, water, heating and gas.
8. The guest is obliged to close the doors and windows when leaving the apartment. Little Home is not responsible for any theft caused by improper security of the apartment.
9. Apartment guests will be charged additional fees resulting from the cost of repairs, damage to equipment that does not result from the normal use of the apartment.
10. In the event of notorious behavior inconsistent with the Regulations, in particular breaking the smoking ban and tactless behavior during night time, the Apartment service has the right to check out the Guest and oblige him to leave the Apartment, without the obligation to refund the fee for the rented Apartment.
11. In the event of cancellation of a reservation or its part during the stay, payments made by the Guest are not refundable, and Little Home has the right to make the Apartment available to third parties during this period.
12. We welcome guests traveling without pets.
13. An unjustified call for Little Home employees results in an additional fee of PLN 150.00 (one hundred and fifty Polish zlotys).
14. For the damage and devastation of devices and/or equipment located in the Apartment, the Guest will be charged an additional fee not lower than the value of damaged/ broken property.
15. Loss or damage of the key by the Guest of the Apartment will result in a charge of an additional fee of PLN 150 (one hundred and fifty Polish zlotys).
16. In case of sudden faults or other fortuitous events, Little Home reserves the right to relocate the Guest renting the Apartment. The apartment to which the Guest will be transferred must be in a similar location, with a similar standard and size, and must provide the same number of beds as the previous one.
§ 6. Check-in, collection of keys and payment
1. The hotel day in the Apartment starts at 15.00 and ends at 11.00 the following day.
2. Check-in takes place from 15.00 on a self check-in basis, the description of which is sent to guests on the day of arrival.
3. The payment for the stay is paid upfront and in full, unless it has been made in advance via bank transfer, with cash or a payment card.
§ 7. Free stay for child up to 4 years of age
1. In the apartment, it is possible to stay with a child under the age of four, whose stay is considered free of charge when the child sleeps with an adult guardian or in own bed which does not require an additional set of bed linen and towels.
2. There can be only one child per guardian whose stay is free.
3. The moment the number of children entitled to a free stay exceeds the number of guardians, their stay is automatically deemed as a paid stay.
§ 8. Force Majeure
1. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, the consequences of which can not be immediately eliminated using traditional measures, Little Home reserves the right to propose a substitute accomodation to the guest. Little Home has the right, in the event of occurrence of force majeure, to withdraw from the agreement. This also applies to cases where the personal safety of the Guest or his possessions, for reasons beyond control of Little Home, cannot be guaranteed.
2. Shall the circumstances arise, as indicated in item 1 above, the amounts paid by the Guest are subject to immediate refund, reduced by the amounts due to Little Home for the services already performed.
§ 9. Complaints
1. In the event of inconsistencies, the Guest has the right to lodge a complaint within 14 days of their occurrence. Complaints, objections and any grievances should be sent to:
2. The handling of a complaint shall occur within 14 business days of its receipt. The Guest shall be immediately notified by email about the method of its consideration.
2. The following entities are the Controllers of the personal data contained on the Website:
2.1 RA Sopot Sp. z o.o., with registered office at ul. Jana Kilińskiego 3e / 3, 80-452 Gdańsk, NIP (Tax Identification Number): 585 148 33 14.
2.2 Wojciech Maniecki, operating under a business name Little Home Wojciech Maniecki, having registered office at ul. Żurawia 32/34 premise 453, 00-515 Warsaw, NIP (Tax Identification Number) 593 255 25 51.
3. For the security of the entrusted personal data, the Controller acts on the basis of internal procedures and recommendations, compliant with the relevant legal acts on the protection of personal data, in particular the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 EC.
4. The Controller takes special care to protect the interests of the data subjects, and in particular ensures that personal data is:
4.1 Processed in accordance with the law;
4.2 Collected for specified, legitimate purposes and are not subject to further processing inconsistent with such purposes;
4.4 Substantially correct and adequate for the purposes for which they are processed;
4.5. Stored in a form that permits the identification of persons to whom they relate, no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing.
5. Personal data are processed on the basis of the consent expressed by users of the Website and in cases where the provisions of applicable law authorize the Controller to process personal data.
6. The Controller processes personal data provided voluntarily by the Website users, exclusively in order to:
6.1 Respond to user's queries provided using the contact form;
6.2 Accept a booking using the online booking system;
6.3 Implement services provided by the Controller on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 letter b of the GDPR;
6.4 Carry out marketing activities, including sending commercial information to the email address, if
the Client has expressed consent to such an activity, by checking the appropriate box in the booking
process or by submitting a request via the contact form. The consent to the processing of data for
marketing purposes and sending commercial information may be withdrawn by clicking the
appropriate link in the received message or sending such a notification to the Controller's e-mail
6.5. Implement legitimate interest of the Controller of personal data in specific cases pursuant to Article 6 para. 1 letter f of GDPR, i.e. debt collection or video traffic monitoring within the Facility.
7. Recipients of personal data may include bodies, institutions and entities authorized under the law, as well as entities providing services to the Data Controller (i.e. legal, IT, marketing, accounting services and other entities involved in the implementation of the ordered service.
8. The Controller can use automated decision-making, including profiling, for marketing purposes and offer customization.
9. The data processed by the Controller is available to the user of the Website who provided such data. The User also has the right to modify such data, demand their removal, and limit or cease the processing of their personal data at any time. At any time, the user may also request removal of their personal data from the website. The right to transfer the data shall not apply, as no standard has been set for the exchange of such data between hotel facilities.
10. The Website User has the right to withdraw the consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing made on the basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
11. In order to exercise rights indicated in items 9 and 10 above, a Website user should contact the Controller using the same email address or telephone number provided to the Website by contacting email@example.com
12. Each user of the website may file a complaint to the Office of Personal Data Protection.
13. The Controller performs the task of obtaining information about users and their behavior in the following way:
13.1 through a voluntary provision of information in the forms,
13.2 by collecting cookies.
15. The installation of "cookies" is necessary for the proper provision of services on the Website. The "cookies" contain information necessary for the proper functioning of the website, in particular those requiring authorization. The user can, at any time, change the settings of his browser, in the scope of the handling and saving of cookies.
16. The Website uses the following types of cookies:
16.1 session cookies - remain in the browser until the user turn them off or log off from the website they were posted,
16.2 permanent cookies - remain in the device's web browser until they are deleted by the user or for a predetermined time specified in the cookie file parameters.
17. In terms of functionality of each cookie, can be divided into:
17.1 Conversion files that allow to analyze the performance of different sales channels;
17.2 Tracking files that, in combination with conversions, help to analyze the performance of different sales channels;
17.3 Marketing files used to personalize the content of ads and their proper targeting;
17.4 Analytical tools that help improve the comfort of use of the website by understanding how users use it;
17.5 Essential files, fundamental for the basic functionality of the website, used to develop a website.
18. Some "cookie" files may be placed by the website provider and online booking system remotely for the purpose of:
18.1 Improvement and support of the booking process;
18.2 Analysis and collection of statistical data on the use of the website and online booking system used to implement improvements.
19. The Website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of the Website and are not supervised by the Website in any way. Such websites may have their own privacy policies and regulations that the Guest should read carefully.
§ 11. Final Provisions
The governing law to settle disputes between Little Home and the Guest is the law currently applicable to the country of residence of the Little Home company.
Little Home is entitled to amend the provisions of these Regulations at any time. Each change will be introduced in a clear and understandable manner and will bind the Guest upon the notification of such a change.
For matters not covered by the provisions of these Regulations, the provisions of generally applicable Polish law shall apply.
All correspondence between the Parties related to the implementation of the agreement will be carried out using the contact details provided in the Regulations - regarding Little Home and those specified in the booking process - regarding the Guest. Each of the Parties is obliged to notify the other Party about the change of its contact details, otherwise any notice delivered to the last address details known to the Party shall be deemed to be duly served.